Ontario is helping businesses recover costs for personal protective equipment and providing extra support for businesses required to close or significantly restrict services as a result of provincial public health measures.
Overview of available funding
Your business can apply online for funding from one or more of the following initiatives:
- Main Street Relief Grant for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) providing up to $1,000 for PPE costs to eligible small businesses across Ontario with 2 to 9 employees.
- Property Tax and Energy Cost Rebate Grants for businesses that were required to shut down or significantly restrict services due to provincial public health measures (modified Stage 2 restrictions or, going forward, in areas categorized as control or lockdown). This provincial application-based grant provides a rebate to eligible businesses in respect of property taxes and energy bills.
Before applying, you will be prompted to complete a brief checklist to ensure that your business is eligible.
Before you get started
You have the option of saving and resuming an application if you’re unable to complete it in one session. You are not required to log in or create an account to start an application.
You will need the documents and information listed below to apply.
For all Main Street Relief Grant and Property Tax and Energy Cost Rebate Grant:
- General business information (e.g. Business Number as provided by Canada Revenue Agency)
- Banking information (e.g. banking institution, account number, branch code)
Main Street Relief Grant application:
- Receipts or proof of costs for PPE purchased since March 17, 2020.
- PPE could include:
- Gloves, gowns, face shields, eye protection, masks, sanitizer, sanitizing wipes
- Thermometers, temperature monitors or cameras
- Physical changes, including the installation of hand sanitizer stations and plexiglass dividers
- Signs to guide or inform customers and employees.
For the Property Tax Rebate and Energy Cost Rebate Grant:
- Property tax bill or proof of costs associated with property taxes pertaining to the modified Stage 2, Control or Lockdown period.
- Electricity bill and natural gas bill (or heating oil/propane bill) pertaining to the modified Stage 2, Control or Lockdown period.
Note that businesses owned by the federal, provincial, or municipal government, or by a person holding federal or provincial office, are not eligible for the Property Tax Rebate and Energy Cost Rebate Grants.
Apply for Funding
Source: Ontario News