December 20th, 2018.
Private Capital Markets Association of Canada (PCMA) is pleased to announce their new chair and the election of 3 new vice-chairs and directors.
The additions to the executive and board of director were made to provide further regional representation, development opportunities, and to ensure strength and continuity of the PCMA leadership. The newly elected members of the executive board are:
- PCMA Chair, Frank Laferriere, Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer and a Director of Portland Investment Counsel Inc. (Burlington, Ontario)
- Vice-Chair, Georgina Blanas, PCMA Executive Director (Toronto, Ontario)
- Vice-Chair, Phil Du Heaume, Independent General Counsel (Edmonton, Alberta)
- Vice-Chair, Craig Skauge, President and CEO, Olympia Trust Company (Calgary, Alberta)
The newly elected directors are:
- Nancy Bacon, Managing Director, Chase Alternatives (Calgary, Alberta)
- Erica Freeman, Business Development Manager, Olympia Trust and Consultant for Exempt Experts (Montreal, Quebec)
- John Travaglini, CEO 4Front Capital Partners Inc. (Toronto, Ontario)
The Executive Board of the PCMA [Doug Bedard, Chair (ret); David Gilkes, Vice-Chair (ret); Brian Koscak, Vice-Chair; Matt Reynolds, Vice-Chair (ret); Julie Clarke, Vice-Chair and Georgina Blanas, Executive Director] are very confident that these Vice-Chairs and directors will help the PCMA to enjoy continued success and build upon the PCMA’s simple mandate to educate, advocate, connect and elevate.
Co-Founder of the PCMA, David S. Brown, remarked, “On behalf the entire Executive, Board and PCMA membership, I would like to take this opportunity to thank our retiring Chair, Doug Bedard for his unwavering dedication to the private capital markets industry and his steady hand at the helm of the PCMA over the last few years.”
“We are privileged to welcome and eager to begin working with this group of heavy hitters who bring a wealth of talent and a deep commitment to the PCMA,” said Georgina Blanas, Vice-Chair of PCMA’s Board of Directors and Executive Director.
Nominees to the PCMA Board are elected at the Annual General Meeting of Members. The PCMA benefits immensely from the knowledge, experience, and passion of its board members.
The new board members join returning directors:
- Tommy Baltzis, CEO & President, WhiteHaven Securities, Montreal, PQ.
- David S. Brown, WeirFoulds LLP, Toronto, ON.
- Craig Burrows, President & UDP, TriView, Calgary, AB.
- Richard Carleton, CEO, CNSX Markets, Toronto, ON.
- Peter Dunne, Miller Thompson, Toronto, ON.
- John Fabello, Partner, Tory’s LLP, Toronto, ON.
- Joseph Galli, Président du conseil Chairman, PENTOR Finance, Montreal, PQ.
- David Gilkes, President, North Star Compliance, Burlington, ON.
- Neil Hutton, Partner, McLeod Law, Calgary, AB.
- Mark Kent, Portfolio Strategies, Calgary, AB.
- Steve Meehan, Chairman, Glen Road Capital Partners, Mississauga, ON.
- Curtis Potyondi, President, Prestige Capital, Calgary, AB.
- Amre Qahawish, President, TIMC, Montreal, PQ.
- Gilles Seguin, BCF Business Law, Montreal, PQ.
- Darren Smits, Partner, Burstall LLP, Calgary, AB.
- Allison Taylor, CEO, CCO, Invico Capital Corp, Calgary, AB.
- William Tharp, Chairman/CEO/Founder, Climate Change Infrastructure Corp., Toronto, ON.
- Peter-Paul Van Hoeken, FrontFundr, Toronto, ON.
- Stephen Warden, MNP LLP, Toronto, ON.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations and Communications Director
About Private Capital Markets Association of Canada
Since 2002, the Private Capital Markets Association of Canada (PCMA) has brought together exempt market dealers, exempt market product issuers, and professional advisers to the private capital market. The PCMA is the leading national industry voice for the private capital markets to securities regulators, government agencies, media, and other sectors of the capital markets. The PCMA provides valuable services and benefits to its members, including: regulatory and compliance resources, opportunities for professional development and industry education, exclusive insurance programs, and access to a network of private capital markets professionals from coast to coast. In 2012, the PCMA launched The Private Capital Market Awards- the first and only national industry awards celebrating and the success stories of our private capital markets professionals. For more information, visit:www.pcmacanada.com