Private Capital Markets Association of Canada (PCMA) is pleased to announce the election of four new Directors.
The additions to the director board were made to provide further regional representation, development opportunities and to ensure strength and continuity of the PCMA leadership.
The newly elected Directors are:
- Karl Burgess, General Manager, Computershare Corp Trust (Pacific) & Private Capital Solutions (Vancouver, British Columbia)
- Spencer Coupland, Managing Director & General Counsel, ICM Asset Management (Calgary, Alberta)
- John D. McIsaac, President & CEO, Liahona Capital Inc. (Barrie, Ontario)
- Nadine Milne, Chief Compliance Officer, Portland Investment Counsel Inc. (Burlington, Ontario)
The Executive of the PCMA, Tommy Baltzis, Chair; Craig Skauge, Co-Vice Chair; David S. Brown, Co-Vice Chair; Brian Koscak, David Gilkes and Phil du Heaume are very confident that these new directors will help the PCMA enjoy continued success and build upon the PCMA’s simple mandate to educate, advocate, connect and elevate.
“We are privileged to welcome and eager to begin working with this group of heavy hitters, who bring a wealth of talent and a deep commitment to the PCMA,” said Tommy Baltzis, Chair of the PCMA.
Co-Founders, Co-Vice Chairs, David S. Brown and Craig Skauge, remark, “On behalf of the entire Executive, Board and PCMA membership, I would like to take this opportunity to thank retired PCMA Executive Director, Georgina Blanas for her dedicated efforts and leadership in guiding the PCMA over the last 5 years. During her tenure Georgina strengthened the PCMA’s private capital advocacy and educational development for its members, while growing the PCMA into the largest private capital markets community in Canada. The association under her direction has made great advocacy strides that will continue to resonate across the country.”
Nominees to the PCMA Board are elected at the Annual General Meeting of Members. The PCMA benefits immensely from the knowledge, experience, and passion of its Board members. The new board members join returning directors and advisory committee members:
- Nancy Bacon, Managing Director, Chase Alternatives, Calgary, AB.
- Tommy Baltzis, CEO, WhiteHaven Securities, Laval, QC.
- David S. Brown, Partner, WeirFoulds, LLP, Toronto, ON.
- Craig Burrows, President & UDP, TriView Capital Ltd., Calgary, AB.
- Richard Carleton, CEO, Canadian Securities Exchange, Toronto, ON.
- Phil du Heaume, Independent Legal Consultant, Edmonton, AB
- John Fabello, Partner, Torys LLP,Toronto, ON.
- David Gilkes, President, North Star Compliance, Burlington, ON.
- Neil Hutton, Partner, McLeod Law, Calgary, AB.
- Brian Koscak, General Counsel Pinnacle Wealth Brokers Inc. Calgary, AB
- Gilles Seguin, BCF Business Law, Montreal, QC.
- Craig Skauge, President & CEO, Olympia Trust Company, Calgary, AB.
- John Travaglini, CEO, 4Front Capital Partners Inc, Toronto, ON.
- Stephen Warden, MNP LLP, Toronto, ON.
PCMA Advisory Committee:
- PCMA Executive Member, Co-Chair, PCMA Advisory Committee, Phil du Heaume, Independent Legal Consultant (Edmonton, Alberta)
- PCMA Executive Member, Co-Chair, PCMA Advisory Committee, Brian Koscak, General Counsel Pinnacle Wealth Brokers Inc. (Calgary, Alberta)
- Matthew Boulton, AMUR Financial Capital (Vancouver, BC)
- David D’Onofrio, PowerOne Capital Markets Limited (Toronto, Ontario)
- Joseph Galli, Pentor Finance (Montreal, PQ)
- Elroy Gust, NewLook (Toronto, Ontario)
- Frank Lonardelli, ASI (Calgary, Alberta)
- Amre Qahawish, TIMC (Montreal, PQ)
- Bill Tharp, Tangerine-Tango Advisory Services (Toronto, Ontario)
- Peter-Paul Van Hoeken, Silver Maple Ventures Inc. (Toronto, Ontario)
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations and Communications Director
About Private Capital Markets Association of Canada
Since 2002, the Private Capital Markets Association of Canada (PCMA) has brought together exempt market dealers, exempt market product issuers, and professional advisers to the private capital market. The PCMA is the leading national industry voice for the private capital markets to securities regulators, government agencies, media, and other sectors of the capital markets. The PCMA provides valuable services and benefits to its members, including: regulatory and compliance resources, opportunities for
professional development and industry education, exclusive insurance programs, and access to a network of private capital markets professionals from coast to coast. In 2012, the PCMA launched The Private Capital Market Awards- the first and only national industry awards celebrating and the success stories of our private capital markets professionals. For more information, visit: www.pcmacanada.com