NEW YORK (Reuters) – * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 48.41 points, or 0.30 percent, to 16,086.54.
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc, up 12.5 percent, Cronos Group Inc, up 11.2 percent, and Canopy Growth Corp, higher by 2.7 percent.
* Lagging shares were Transcontinental Inc, down 4.1 percent, Onex Corp, down 3.2 percent, and WestJet Airlines Ltd, lower by 3.0 percent.
* On the TSX 122 issues rose and 107 fell as a 1.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 19 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 256.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc, Bombardier Inc and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.43 points, or 0.3 percent, while the financials sector climbed 0.20 points, or 0.1 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.12 percent, or $0.07, to $56.52 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.29 percent, or $0.19, to $65.86 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 12.3 percent for the year.
Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch